Are you looking to replace the tiles in your shower and add insulation? Here are the steps to do so, as well as some common mistakes to avoid:
- Gather your materials: To replace the tiles in your shower and add insulation, you will need a hammer, chisel, tile adhesive, grout, new tiles, insulation board, and a saw. Make sure you have all of these items on hand before starting the project.
- Remove the old tiles: Use the hammer and chisel to carefully remove the old tiles from the wall. Be sure to wear safety goggles to protect your eyes from debris.
- Install the insulation board: Measure and cut the insulation board to fit between the studs in the wall. Secure the board in place with adhesive.
- Install the new tiles: Apply a layer of tile adhesive to the wall, and then press the new tiles into place. Be sure to leave enough space between the tiles for the grout.
- Grout the tiles: Mix the grout according to the manufacturer’s instructions, and then spread it over the tiles with a grout float. Use a damp sponge to smooth the grout and remove any excess.
- Allow the grout to dry: Follow the manufacturer’s recommended drying time before using the shower.
Common mistakes to avoid: -Not wearing safety goggles while removing the old tiles -Not measuring and cutting the insulation board properly -Not leaving enough space between the tiles for the grout -Not following the manufacturer’s recommended drying time for the grout
By following these steps and avoiding these common mistakes, you can successfully replace the tiles in your shower and add insulation. If you are not comfortable with this process, it is recommended to hire a professional for tile installation.